Kindergarten enrolments will be taken from the beginning of Term 2, April 27. Enrolment Information Packs will be dropped off at local preschools throughout the school holidays for parents/carers to complete Enrolment Forms prior to attending Enrolment Interviews throughout the month of May.
Our school principal, Ms Hulme, looks forward to meeting with new parents/carers and students in the coming weeks. Having our interviews a month earlier this year will support us in gaining additional staff/rooms should our numbers continue to grow for next year (this year we have 411 students compared with 368 this time last year, filling all of our classrooms!). In addition children with additional learning and support needs may be entitled to additional support and we would like to ensure that this support is received in a timely manner, which may also include accessing transition support and support for additional school visits.
If you have a child starting Kindergarten in 2017, or know someone who does, please tell them to:
- Look out for an Enrolment Information Pack at your/their local preschool between April 11 and April 25;
- Complete the Enrolment Form and other notes;
- Complete an Interview Request Form, outlining the times/days that best suit OR contact the school to book an interview/tour with the Principal; and
- Ring us ASAP if you have any questions.
Students can be enrolled in Kindergarten 2017 if:
- They turn 5 before August 1, 2017;
- They live in our local enrolment zone (between Fishpen/the Airport, Bournda, Yellow Pinch and Merimbula); OR
- They live out of our area and meet Out-Of-Area enrolment policy requirements (these can be explained upon request).
2017 Kindy Save the Dates:
- April 27 to May 31: Enrolment Forms Due and Enrolment Interviews Held.
- Term 2 and 3: Merimbula PS Kindy Teachers for 2017 visit pre-schools and funding/staffing/additional rooms applied for and obtained where needed.
- Wednesday October 12, 12.15-1.15 or Thursday October 13, 10-11am – Welcome Picnic for children and parents/carers.
- Kindy Visits to Classrooms and Parent/Carer Information Session in Hall – October 20, 9.30-11am
- Kindy Visits to Classrooms – October 27, 9.30-11am
- Kindy Visits to Classroom, Lunch & Lunchtime Play – November 3, 9.30am-12.15pm