Annual School Plans
School Plan 2015 - 2017 Update:
School Plan 2015-2017 (docx 3085 KB)
Our 2015-2017 School Plan has been developed through consultative decision making, which drives planning and initiatives in all areas of school life at Merimbula Public School. As a result this School Plan has been created following:- Development of the school's vision, purpose and values through staff, Parents & Citizens, community and Student Representative Council (SRC) consultation.
- Engagement with the Melbourne Declaration to readdress the school's vision in response to whole-school evaluations on: Teaching (the Tell Them From Me survey); Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL); Literacy and Numeracy teaching, resources and learning; Attendance; and Wellbeing and Mental Health (Kids Matter survey).
- Embracing the School Excellence Framework to set high expectations and improvement measures that align with the Department of Education and Community's (DECs) reforms and priorities.
- Staff meetings and evaluations using quality improvement tools, such as when completing Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) charts to evaluate practice and facilitate change.
- Community consultation meetings, whereby parents, caregivers and community members were invited to give feedback on assessment data, school programs and proposed initiatives whist also offering suggestions for improvement.
- Discussion and consultation with local preschools and early childhood centres/services, incoming 2015 Kindergarten Parents/Caregivers, local partner schools and high schools and the Aboriginal Education Consultative Group (AECG).
- Participation in developing Sapphire Coast Learning Community (SCLC) and Community of Schools (COS) strategic directions and milestones.
- Evaluation of staff Performance Development Plans.
- Extensive evaluation and discussion regarding internal and external student achievement data, looking at benchmarks, school trends and student growth.